I’m planning to read Eric Carle’s From Head to Toe for our playdate this week, and decided to look for a simple movable animal craft, to go along with it.
I found this movable lion craft and thought it looked simple enough for our toddlers (and mums) to work on.
Movable Lion Craft Template
White/Yellow/Orange A4-sized construction paper
Two small googly eyes
Two brads/split pins
1. Print the movable lion craft template on the white/yellow/orange A4-sized construction paper.
2. Colour the pieces of the lion.
3. Cut out the pieces of the lion.
4. Stick the googly eyes onto the lion’s face.
5. Use the brads to attach the lion’s mane and tail onto the lion’s body.
6. Use double-sided tape to attach the lion’s face to the lion’s mane, making sure that the chin covers the brad below.
Tip: The double-sided tape should be placed on the top part of the lion’s face, so that chin area over the brad isn’t sticky.
Moving the lion’s tail
Noah and his lion
PS. If you liked this craft, you can also check out the DIY sheep we made recently.
Linking up with:
If you’ve enjoyed reading this post, do like my Facebook page to get updates. You can also follow me on Twitter (@GrowingwtheTans), Instagram (@GrowingwiththeTans), and Dayre (@GrowingwiththeTans), for short updates on what’s going on in our lives. Thank you! 🙂